Monday, August 2, 2010

DAY 3 SUCCESS (Part I)

Monday, August 2nd, 2010. Today's swimming is cut up into two parts. We are officially resting at Woljeong Beach, 5 kilometers east from Gimnyeong Beach. Having started at 6:25 a.m., our finishing time was 8:40 a.m. Pacing is at more than 2 kmph. We have reached the 1/8th marker, 25 kilometers completed of the approximate 200 total needed to circumnavigate the island.

Once I finish today's English lessons at Sehwa High School around 4 p.m., I will immediately scooter back to the beach and Sherrin and I will continue for another 5 km and dock in Sehwa for the night. I will pitch a tent in my home away from home away from home. Sherrin will be at the Maze Park for night number 3.

Everyone is working on very little sleep, minus the swimmer. The KBS film crew, who has been tagging us the entire three days, shot our departure from Gimnyeong. Last night they staged me with a tent set-up (in the parking lot of the Maze Park!) Trust me, I've never camped on asphalt before.

The Jeju-Big-Swim's-translator-turned-part-time-KBS-translator Ji-su is running on empty, currently asleep in her Chinese class after no sleep last night. The KBS guys and me are operating on 2 to 3 hours of shuteye.

From Gimnyeong, we had incredibly foggy conditions. I had to reassure Sherrin to go this morning after I arrived 15 minutes late. She could see the bottom nearly the entire time, and I had some clear images as well.








-Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment